Thursday, June 27, 2013

Is Sleek Makeup Tested on Animals?

            I am a Youtube person.  I honestly learned everything about makeup by watching famous makeup artists and amazing everyday gurus on Youtube.  Somehow I follow an unproportionally high number of British makeup gurus so, although I’ve never bought makeup in the UK, I know what they have.  Sleek is one of these brands I’ve noticed in numerous videos so I sent them an email.

April 26, 2013
“I have some inquiries about Sleek's animal testing policies.  I understand the EU ban on animal testing recently went into effect, but I would appreciate if you would still answer these individual questions for all of Sleek's products, not only those produced/sold in the EU.

Does Sleek test ingredients and/or finished products on animals or have a third party do so on its behalf?  Does Sleek direct sell to China or any other place which requires animal testing of products?  Also, are any of Sleek's products free of animal products and suitable for vegans?
Thank you in advance”


April 26, 2013
“Thankyou for your interest in Sleek Makeup.

We do no currently test ingredients or finished products on animals.
We do not test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party
Our manufacturers do not test ingredients or products on animals.
We are not owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals.
We do not currently sell our products in China and have no future plans until the laws there change on animal testing.
A list of our vegan products is attached.”

            As far as this list of vegan products is concerned, you can see it is very well organized.  When I compared this list to Sleek’s website there seem to be more items online.  Some of this has to do with repackaging certain products in palettes but other than that I’m not sure.

I’m happy and satisfied with this complete and clear response I received from Sleek.  This is the kind of prepared, comprehensive, and competent response we should be receiving from forthright and professional companies.  While I wish they had a greater variety of vegan products, I’m happy to know there is a drugstore/high street brand that I feel comfortable purchasing. 

I will purchase from Sleek’s selection of vegan products.

18 comments:

  1. I've just decided to try and use only cruelty free products and so I'm glad I've found your blog! This is really helpful as I have a few sleek products that I love! Thank you for this :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Natsie! Congrats on going cruelty free! I would definitely recommend also reading my most recent post "What does Cruelty Free Mean?" and post about emailing companies here: http://rswack.blogspot.com/2012/02/guide-for-sending-and-interpreting.html

      Delete
  2. Vegan makeup products are cosmetics that do not use ingredients derived from — or tested on — animals. Concerns about animal abuse by the cosmetic industry has created a growing market for cruelty free products. Vegan cosmetic options include eye shadow, blush, lipstick and foundation; even vegan nail polish is becoming increasingly available.
    vegan makeup



    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that these products are vegan, and though I have not tried specific 'makeup' products by e.l.f. I have purchased e.l.f. shadow appliators, foundation/brow/and smudge brushes, eyelash wand and curlers and have found that these items are by no means built to last. Flimsy, the shadow applicators fell apart within two days of use, and the bristles on the foundation brush fall off regularly. My hunch is that they are cheap because you are indeed getting what you pay for, vegan or otherwise.
    vegan cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then I recommend you won't base your 'make-up brands experimenting' on your hunches, because e.l.f. has some hit-or-miss products... which means that they have some REALLY good ones. :D So research more online, there are many make-up/beauty youtubers who recommend some of their stuff which I also personally use and I love (like the Prism eyeshadow palette in 'Naked', or their baked eyeshadows and baked blushes... there are many others who are apparently great, but I have yet to use them)

      Delete
  4. Vegan makeup products are cosmetics that do not use ingredients derived from — or tested on — animals. Concerns about animal abuse by the cosmetic industry has created a growing market for cruelty free products. Vegan cosmetic options include eye shadow, blush, lipstick and foundation; even vegan nail polish is becoming increasingly available.
    Vegan Cosmetics



    ReplyDelete
  5. so gud post. I appricate to read this post and also including pics is so nice .thank you so much for sharing.
    Vegan makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was nice article for fine the vegan makeup for eye brush and it looks nice very easy to use the products we get free vegan makeup for trial

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! i wonder if those "cruelty free" are also "paraben free"...? mant many thanks if you can share about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I really know nothing about paraben free cosmetics. All I can say is cruelty free products are not all paraben free.

      Delete
  8. In another request related to animal testing and China from September 2013 they say something different: "Sleek MakeUP is currently sold worldwide which does not exclude China." Link: http://humanelychic.blogspot.de/2013/09/sleek-makeup-cruelty-free.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sad to hear that! My posts are getting older so I always recommend my readers double check this information. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    2. Vegan make-up reference point your makeups made with licensed organic and natural elements. They cannot comprise of almost any monster elements or perhaps almost any through products. They need in no way finished up analyzed within pet dogs neither.
      Vegan Makeup

      Delete
  9. Vegan makeup reference the actual makeups constructed with certified organic substances. They just don't comprise virtually any creature substances or maybe virtually any by items. They've already never ever been recently tested in pets nor.
    Vegan Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice answers in replace of the question with real point of view and explaining about that.orogold reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you.
    You are the only source that gives straight answer backed up by facts.

    Now. I have some shopping to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your post and I really like it, Thanks for sharing useful information....

    Vegan Makeup artists online
    clay makeup

    ReplyDelete