Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cruelty Free and Vegan Favorites #2


This Alabama resident was reunited with his dog Coco after recent tornadoes devastated multiple areas in the United States. Read about Greg and Coco here.
Sorry for the overdue post! I’m in my final year of university and franticly racing towards the finish line. I’m attempting to keep up with my self imposed blogging schedule, but it may not run like clock work. Here are some of my recent favorite vegan and cruelty free favorites. Enjoy!
Darkhorse
***Edit:  As of November 2012, Urban Decay has been purchased by L'oreal and will no longer meet my cruelty free standards.***
Darkhorse is on of my favorite colors in the Naked Palette hands down. I’ve replaced my eyeliner with this dark brown, glittery pigment. I am not a huge fan of glitter, but it isn’t very noticeable on. I love eye shadow as a liner (and Darkhorse especially) because it is a much more natural way to make my lashes appear thicker and define my eyes. This color is not sold individually.

Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
This cake is one of the best cakes I’ve had, vegan or non. I handed some slices out on Valentines Day, birthdays, parties and had everyone asking for more. This recipe tastes almost exactly the same as the recipe my grandmother uses to make birthday cakes so I’m glad I can still have a similar cake.
Loving Hut


Loving Hut is a great Vegan, organic chain restaurant near the animal shelter I volunteer at. I stopped by one day with my omni friend and we both fell in love with their food. The menu varies by location, but at my location the food is Asian inspired with some classics like (vegan) hot dogs, hamburgers, and spaghetti. The USA website is here but search for your country’s website as Loving Hut is an international chain.


Abandoned Farm Hens Update
Recently a factory farm was abandoned leaving hundreds of egg laying hens to die. Many volunteer rescuers saved as many hens as they could and this great video gives an update on their new life at Farm Sanctuary. Its great to see a story with a happy ending.

The Ethical Girl’s Guide to Being Vegan and Fabulous
I recently found this great little ebook by Mandi Hoffman of chicvegan.com. This is a great resource for everyone interested in vegan and/or cruelty free products and lifestyle. It is a great base for anyone new to animal friendly life changes but also has great lists of vegan, cruelty free, toxin free, ethical shops and brands. She gives you a lot to think about in a very concise book without being overwhelming. I recommend this free ebook to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment